CHILD DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION, COMOX VALLEY
SUPPORTED CHILD DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
|Description & Services|
|Description||Mission Statement: The Comox Valley Child Development Association (CVCDA) is commintted to the support of children, thier families, and caregivers so that the lives of children, parents, staff, and the child care community are enriched educationally, emotionally, socially and physically. |
Population Served: Children from birth to 19 years, residing fom Mud Bay to Oyster River.
Programs & Services:
- Autism Program: Provides services to children with autism and their families
- Community Integration Program: For children and teens with a mental challenge; offers support to children through celebrating thier strengths
- Early Intervention Therapy Program: Provides assessment, treatment (speech-language pathology, occupational therapy, physiotherapy), and intervention strategies for children, from birth to school age who need extra support
- Infant Development Program: A home-based program which offers support to families with infants, from birth to 3 years who are at risk of developmental delay
- Out of School Care Service: Provides support for school age children with disabilities ant their families to find caregivers and services which meet their needs
- Pacific Child Care Resource and Referral Program: Assists parents in finding child care and provides support and education to caregivers to promote quality care of children
- Supported Child Development (SCDP) is a community-based program that assists families of children with extra support needs to access inclusive child care that meets family needs. The program is intended to serve children from birth to 12, with services for youth 13 – 19 years available in some communities.
SCDP provides the following services to support children, families, and child care providers:
-Individual planning to promote each child’s development
-Training and information for families and child care providers to help each child’s development
-Resources such as books, toys and specialized equipment
-Referrals to other services such as therapists or specialists
-Where necessary, additional staffing to ensure that children may participate fully with their peers.
SCDP operates under the principles of inclusion and family centred practice. SCDP uses a multi-disciplinary team approach. Parents may self-refer, or with parent consent, referrals may come from other service providers. The service is voluntary and free of charge.
|Areas Served||Courtenay and Area|
|Hours||Monday - Friday; 8:30am to 4:30pm|
|Address||237 3rd St|
Courtenay, BC V9N 1E1
View MapQuest Map
|Office Phone||250 338-4288|
|Primary Contact||Executive Director|
|Alternate Contact||Email: email@example.com|
|Funding||City / Town ; Regional / Municipal ; Provincial ; Grants|
|Subjects||Autism Spectrum Disorder ; Personalized Support Initiative|