North Shore Neighborhood House
|Description & Services|
|Description||The North Shore Neighbourhood House (NSNH). Is a multi-service agency providing a broad range of recreational, social support, community development, and information/referral services to children, youth, adults, families and seniors in diverse community. |
Child Care Programs
Offers a variety of family, parenting, and children’s services including:
• Teen Club for teen requiring extra support; Ridgeway, Maplewood and Lynn Valley Kids Clubs for 5-12 year olds before and after school care.
• NSNH Integrated Daycare for 0-3 years old and 3-5 year olds, and Maplewood Integrated Daycare for 3-5 year olds.
• NSNH Preschool for 3-5 year olds, Learning Together Infant/Toddler Centre for 0-3 year olds.
• Verbal Behaviour Program: a specialized program for children with Autism.
English Classes for Adoption and Integration
• A no cost program for immigrants in partnership with Family Services of the North Shore. Session are located at Neighbourhood House and John Braithwaite Community Centre.
Just for Men
• This drop-in program will provide an opportunity for men to get together for discussions, demonstrations, out-trip adventures, cooking and eating classes, and informative talks.
• Legal services available to the community through UBC Law School Students. Lawyers – ½ hour advisory sessions for low income clients.
North Shore Food Bank
• Provides emergency food aid; Registration is required, Wednesdays from 11:00 am to 1:30 pm; Soup served to participants.
Pregnant and Parenting Teen Program
• Offers one-to-one support for oung women who are pregnant or parenting. Supports all options of pregnancy. Provides a social support night on Tuesday from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm, with rids and childcare provides.
• Offers a wide range of recreation programs: kickboxing, dog obedience, children’s basketball camps, A New Arts Focus, boxercise, yoga, karate, tai chi, aerobics, basketball, belly dancing, and psychic awareness.
• Offers a broad range of programs from recreation for fit seniors to services for the frail and isolated, including: bus tours, hot lunches, crafts, bingo, out-trips, fun adventures and guest speakers.
• Provides outreach youth services in the City of North Vancouver and Lynn Valley in the district of North Vancouver. Offers support mediation, lifeskills, conflict resolutions, advocacy, and referrals.
|Areas Served||North Vancouver and Area|
|Hours||Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm |
Saturday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
|Address||225 2nd St|
North Vancouver V7L 1C4
|Office Phone||(604) 987-8138|
|Primary Contact||Executive Director, North Shore Neighborhood House|
|Subjects||Autism Spectrum Disorder ; Personalized Support Initiative|